Dog Owners – Beware!
We often hear people say that they don’t need an alarm because they have a dog to guard their property. Although we may trust our favourite canines to scare intruders away – unfortunately, a dog’s presence is nowhere near as reliable as an alarm.
Since the end of 2019 and the beginning of the pandemic, there has been a 20% increase in dogs being stolen from their owners. With pet theft at an all-time high and dogs being snatched from parks and gardens, now may be the time to consider an effective security system that will keep you, your pet and every corner of the property safe.
We recently received an enquiry from a homeowner who was burgled whilst taking their dog for a walk. The house had been targeted and both doors were infiltrated, allowing thieves to steal many precious items, including jewellery, a television, and other technology. The individual was left frightened and traumatised after realising that someone had been tracking their movement, waiting for them to leave the house.
It’s common for us to fall into the trap of old habits. Our neighbourhoods and surroundings are constantly changing, with many of us failing to take notice. It’s important to stay alert, be aware of any security weaknesses on your property, and invest in the right equipment so thieves fail to gain access.
What are the benefits of an Intruder Alarm?
32% of British householders have a burglar alarm, and 40% have a security camera. Whether you rent or own, you can enjoy the benefits that come with having a security system.
- Deters crime – A 2012 study found that 60% of thieves wouldn’t burgle a property if it had an alarm. Having an alarm installed is the first step in deterring a break-in, amongst other effective measures such as CCTV.
- Cutting cost – Not only will a burglar alarm deter thieves – it also has the potential to cut your home insurance down by 20%.
- Peace of mind – The sense of security and comfort you gain with an alarm system is perhaps the greatest benefit of all. Next to being safe, the confidence of feeling safe will help you be a more productive, healthy, and focused person – both at home and out in your community.
How we can help you as dog owners:
Our homes are often viewed as an extension to ourselves – so when our home is ransacked and sentimental items are taken, there is an overwhelming sense of grief and a loss of control over our space. Securing your home is vital – not only keeping you and your loved ones safe but the meaningful possessions and memories that you treasure.
Securing your home doesn’t have to be a difficult task. Whether you’re a dog-owner or not, Third Eye Installation Systems will give you the comfort and reassurance that you and your home needs. We pride ourselves in knowing you, your family and your home are safe. If you want peace of mind to secure your home and possessions, then we highly recommend an intruder alarm – it is the first line of defence against intruders.
Types of alarm:
- Bells Only = the siren will ring in the case of an activation
- Bells with Phone APP for remote operation and Push notifications to mobile devices
- Bells with text messaging = we can install a GSM module into the panel which texts your mobile if there is a problem.
- Monitored = our NSI Gold accredited Alarm Reporting Centre (ARC) monitor the alarm 24/7 and call you and/or your keyholders in the event of an activation. Option: add on APP control at an additional cost.
- Monitored with Police response = as above but the ARC would call the Police in the case of 2 confirmed activations. Option: add on APP control at an additional cost.
Like this one for example:
For more information make sure to read some of our other blogs.
We are NSI accredited, installing insurance-approved alarms, which are easy to use and extremely reliable – they even come with an App facility to set and unset the alarm and allows you to check everything is okay.
So, give Third Eye Installation Systems a call on 0208 368 1080 or contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org